Join us this April for National Credit Union Youth Month as we explore the theme "Picture Your Future." We are encouraging our younger members to dream about what they want their futures to look like and teaching them how to and why it's important to start saving while they're young.
- April 1 - 5: Open a Kirby Kangaroo Savings Account & we'll deposit $5 into your new account.1
- Tuesday, April 2, 5:30 p.m.: "Save, Share, Spend" Youth Workshop - Learn what to do with your money while you are still young. RSVP required.*
- April 8 - 12: Open a Claim Your Youth Checking Account with a Debit Card & we'll deposit $25 into your new account.1
- Tuesday, April 9, 5:30 p.m.: "Credit Building & Car Buying" Youth Workshop - Teens can learn how to start building credit and how to buy a car like a pro. RSVP required.*
- April 15 - 19: Enter our annual "Guess the Pennies in the Pig" Contest to win all the pennies in the pig!2
- Tuesday, April 16, 6:30 p.m.: Youth Event - Join us for the Jupiter Hammerheads vs. Daytona Tortugas Baseball Game at Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium. Kirby Kangaroo will be making a special appearance at the game! RSVP required.*
- April 22 - 26: Open a Special 6% APY Youth 6-Month Certificate of Deposit to help your money grow.3
- Monday, April 22, 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.: Stop by the PGA branch between 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. for a sweet Earth Day treat!
- April 1 - 30: Every deposit into any of your Youth Accounts - Savings, Checking or CD - earns you an entry into our $100 Money Tree Drawing at the end of the month.4
2) Must be 17 years of age or younger to participate. In the event that more than one person guesses the exact amount, the winner will be determined at random.
3) APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Only members 17 and under are eligible for this special certificate. Youth Certificate Special requires a minimum deposit of $250, maximum amount of $500. New CD money only. Only available week of April 22 - 26, 2019.
4) Must be 17 or younger to enter. Entries occur automatically 4/1/19-4/30/19 with deposits to any youth savings, CD or checking account. Other entries can be made by providing your name and contact information to email@example.com. Need not be present to win. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Prize(s): One $100 prize to be deposited to winner’s VCCU account. Second $100 prize may become available if VCCU wins National Savings Challenge from CUNA. Member responsible for any applicable taxes. Drawing will be on 5/6/19 at Velocity Community.
Claim Your Youth is designed for building key life skills such as managing finances while you are still at home and can get advice from your parents (and your Credit Union!).
The Kirby Kangaroo Club offers our young savers new savings options, club activities, and Kirby Bucks. It's only for kids 12 and under, so no adults allowed! Visit the Kirby Kangaroo website.
Kirby Bucks - Save Money and Earn Rewards!
For every $5 you deposit into your account, Velocity Community Credit Union will give you 1 Kirby Buck. (There is a limit of 10 Kirby Bucks per day.) Save your Bucks and use them to buy fun stuff.
Make the Grade…and get paid! Beginning June 1st, bring us your report card for the full school year and we will deposit $25* into your Velocity Community account for “Making the Grade!” To qualify, Elementary students will need all “PRs” or better, and Middle through 4 years of college** (full time, 12 credit hours/semester) must have a 3.0 or better.*** Just bring it in to one of the tellers, and we’ll deposit the money into your account. Hurry in, because you only have until August 1, 2019.
**For college students, completion of twelve (12) credit hours per semester will be considered full-time.
***Report cards or equivalent reports must be received at the Credit Union no later than August 1st for you to receive $25.00 for the school year just completed.
CESAs allow you to save money for your child's education on a tax-favored basis. Distributions used to pay for certain qualified education expenses are federal income tax-free and penalty tax-free.
Anyone can make contributions to a child's CESA (including parents, grandparents, godparents, corporations, etc.), though they may be limited by their modified adjusted gross income (MAGI). The contribution is not tax deductible.
- No annual fee
- No maintenance fee
- Both Savings and Certificate accounts available
- April 15th is typically the last day to make contributions for prior tax year
- Insured by NCUA up to $250,000
Are you ready to start your future now?
Then get started today with our online application! In three easy steps, you can complete the requested information online. Don't forget - you have to have an adult as a joint owner. We will follow up with you as soon as possible to complete your account. To get started, click here.