We like to keep it simple, so all of our checking accounts have these great features:
- No minimum balance
- Cashback on everyday transactions1
- VISA debit card
- Easy access with Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Express Deposit, and eAlerts in Online Banking.
- Same-day replacement VISA debit card
- Overdraft protection2
For more details about the changes to our debit card rewards program, click here.
It’s so easy to become MemberPLUS, we’d love to see all of our members with free checking!
A Smart Choice checking account from Velocity Community Credit Union is a simple way to manage your money. A small fee of $5 per month applies to these basic accounts.
Our student checking account is designed exclusively for 18 to 24 year-olds. Whether you choose to go to college or move on to your career right away, we understand that getting started can be a challenge, and we want to help. Student checking accounts are automatically MemberPLUS, making this account free of monthly services charges so you can save more of what you earn. The only difference (unless you qualify independently for MemberPLUS) is that you are ineligible for the rate bonus on certificates.
High School – Claim Your Youth
Your first checking account is a big step, so we designed the Claim Your Youth checking account with our 13 to 17-year-old members in mind. The idea is to teach money management skills before you go off to college or out on your own. That’s why we require that at least one parent be joint on the account so they can help guide you in making the right financial decisions.
We also recommend that you visit the Claim Your Youth Web site for more information about saving money and planning for your future!
Are you ready to switch to Velocity Community Credit Union?
Get started today with our online application! In three easy steps, you can complete the requested information online. We will follow up as soon as possible to complete your account. To get started, click here.
An overdraft occurs when you make a purchase but don’t have enough money in your account to pay for it. At Velocity Community Credit Union, we offer two types of Overdraft Coverage. For more information, click here.
1) There is no charge for cash transactions made at point-of-sale terminals or Velocity-owned ATMs. Fees may apply for transactions made at machines we do not own. You must make 20 transactions or more with your debit card or mobile wallet connected to your checking account and be enrolled in eStatements by the 25th of the month to qualify for Cashback. Cashback of $0.10 per transaction will be automatically deposited into the checking account on the 1st of the following month. The checking account must be open on the day that the cashback is paid or else the cashback will be forfeited. Transactions made with merchant cards connected to Velocity debit cards may not qualify for Cash Back.
2) Pricing depends on which membership tier the account falls under – Member or MemberPLUS. For more information, click here.